Garry Gillard > quizzes > Magus 2
10 March 2019
1. Freddie Mercury, the subject of Bryan Singer's 2018 film Bohemian Rhapsody was born Farrokh Bulsara. Where?
2. What is the name of the ship that brought the first European settlers to the Swan River Colony? It's also the name of a Perth suburb.
3. The world's first feature film was made in Australia. Title? Bonus gold star if you guess the year correctly.
4. A band of no fewer than seven (real) brothers hails from Broome. Three CDs and one DVD so far. What's their family name?
5. A snake's scientific name, crotalus, is from the Greek for 'castanet'. What is its common name?
6. Steve Jobs is the man best known for the development of early Apple computers. But who actually created the first Apple I personal computer?
7. One of the East Perth WAFL players I remember watching play in 1956 was short rover Jack Sheedy. Who was the tall ruckman I saw on the same field, who has had a road in Perth named after him?
8. Which President of the USA was born in Whittier CA?
9. What in music is referred to as a tierce de Picardie (Picardy third)?
10. Samuel Beckett and others wrote Our Exagmination round his Factification for Incamination of Work in Progress, 1929. What was the Work in Progress under exagmination?
Garry Gillard | New: 10 March, 2019 | Now: 10 March, 2019